lauantai 20. maaliskuuta 2010

you're by my side, but are you still with me

‘How can you be satisfied because everything escapes you. You know that perfectly well, you know that even if you’re in love with somebody, everything escapes you. You would want to be nearer that person. How can you cut your flesh open and join it with the other person? It’s an impossibility to do. So it is with art, it is almost like a long affair with objects and images and sensations, and what you would call the passions. It’s very much like that. You may love somebody very much, but how near can you get to them, you’re still always, unfortunately, sort of strangers.’

"We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years. "

"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited."

2 kommenttia:

if you like me;